No products in the cart.
If you’re almost a teen, chances are pretty good that you have some acne. About 80% of teens have acne, Acne is so common that it’s considered a normal part of growing from a kid to an adult.
But knowing that doesn’t make it easier when you look in the mirror and see pimples on your face! But the good news is that learning about acne and taking some simple steps can help you feel better about your face and prevent more pimple to appear.
What is acne?
It is the skin condition where different types of bumps are showing up on the surface of your skin as whiteheads, black heads, red bumps or bumps filled up with pus. The reason behind them is oil secreting glands (sebaceous glands), when this glands secrete the right amount of oil and your skin pores are open you will be fine, but once those pores are clogged up with too much oil, dead skin cells and germs it will bulge out from your skin and will turn into acne!!
Why Do So Many Kids Get Acne?
Teenagers get acne usually because of their hormone changes that come with puberty;as you grow up these hormones stimulate the oil secreting glands & those glands can become overactive and clog your pores. acne usually appears on the face, neck, shoulders, upper back and chest.
You need to know that eating greasy foods like pizza, chocolate , nuts or drinking sodas has nothing to do with acne, but if your parents had acne you might as well, or if you are stressed out your oil secreting glands become overactive too.
What Can I Do About Acne?
If you’re worried about acne, here are some tips to keep those bumps away:
- wash your face once or twice a day with warm water and a special soap for acne, this will prevent the oil buildup that can lead to acne.
- Don’t scrub your face. Scrubbing can actually make acne worse because it irritates the skin. instead wash your skin gently, using your hands instead of a washcloth .
- If you wear makeup, moisturizer, or sunscreen, make sure they are labeled with “oil-free,” “noncomedogenic,” or “nonacnegenic.”
- Don’t you ever sleep with your make up on, when you wash your face, take the time to remove all of your makeup.
- If you use hair sprays or gels, try to keep them away from your face because they can clog pores.
- If you have long hair, keep it away from your face and wash it regularly to reduce oil secretions.
- Avoid wearing caps and other hats, because can cause acne along the hairline.
- Wash your face after you’ve been exercising and sweating a lot, to keep your pores open and clean.
- Try not to touch your face.
- Don’t pick, squeeze, or pop already existing pimples, this might lead to skin infection .
There are many lotions and creams are sold at pharmacies to help prevent acne and clear it up. Products with benzoyl peroxide) or salicylic acid in them are usually pretty helpful for treating acne. As benzoyl peroxide kills the bacteria that can lead to acne and it also can reduce swelling (puffiness) of pimples. Salicylic acid is another acne-fighting ingredient. It causes skin to dry out and peel, which can help get rid of pimples, too.
When you use a product for acne, be sure to follow the directions exactly. Don’t use more than you’re supposed to because it can make your skin very red and very dry. It’s also good to try just a little bit at first to be sure that you’re not allergic to the product. Don’t give up if you don’t see results the next day. Acne treatments can take weeks or months to work.
1447total visits,1visits today